If you haven’t already seen Total Remake, not to worry, we can criticize it for you wholesale! It’s the Cinema Recon review of Total Recall! (sans Mars) (09:45)
Also, what happens when you make a Bourne movie without Jason Bourne? You get two guys ripping it apart and talking about Sean Connery, of course! It’s the Cinema Recon review of The Bourne Legacy! (49:40)
In the news… (1:34:00)
- Joss Whedon will do everything for Marvel short of fighting crime and wearing a cape!
- Follow the trail of bloody breadcrumbs for Jeremy Renner’s next film!
- Remember ALF?? He’s Back! In movie form!
- Sadly, there will be no Justice League movie set in gritty Boston slums
- Jimmy Fallon says No to Oscars…Cinema Recon says Yes!!
- Was Bane an honor roll student in his early years? We’ll never know!
Download Here (by right clicking, then “save as”): CR: Episode 08/12/12
Today on the show, we learn the “untold story” of a story that has been told 3 times in the past 10 years … it’s the Cinema Recon review of The Amazing Spider-Man! (0:11:15)
Also, Christopher Nolan has finished his epic Batman trilogy, and all the shark-repellent-bat-spray in the world couldn’t keep us away! It’s the Cinema Recon review of The Dark Knight Rises! (1:01:30)
In the news… (1:57:50)
- Cinema Recon would like to give its deepest condolences to the victims of and those affected by the recent tragedy in Aurora, Colorado. Our thoughts and prayers are with you all.
- Paul and Jake discuss Comic Con 2012
- Thomas Jane creates his own Punisher short
- Breck Eisner confirmed to direct Stretch Armstrong
Download Here (by right clicking, then “save as”): CR: Episode 07/21/12
I just wanted to take a minute to let everyone know that I do NOT have 6 new stills of Prometheus to share with you.
I also do not have a new picture of Bane as he glares forward with muffled rage.
There are no new character posters here for The Amazing Spider-man, and I certainly wouldn’t think you’d find an Instagram-style pic of Peter Parker…because that would be ridiculous.
You will also find nary an MIB3 featurette, extended Prometheus featurette, or new Snow White and the Huntsman movie clips. All of that would just be excessive.
No, I think I’m just going to save the last 17% of these films that we haven’t seen for the theaters. You’re welcome.
Today on the show, we are a couple of loose cannons…just one more bad action movie away from going rogue! It’s the Cinema Recon review of Lockout!! (09:30)
Also on the show, Jake tells a grocery bag boy story (04:15) that takes over an hour to get to the punchline (1:15:30)! Classic spot-on comedic timing you know and love here on Cinema Recon!
In the news… (1:22:00)
- Channing Tatum will skin to win in the first trailer for Magic Mike!
- The Wolverine will film in Australia! … Hey MATE!
- Man Pearce will be a part of Iron Guy 3!
- Jaden “Will Smith’s Son” Smith to star in action film Boy Nobody!
- Batman and Bane will greet you at the door of The Avengers!
- Disney to produce a new film based on Mr Toads Wild Ride! Multi film franchise of the Teacups to likely follow
Download Here (by right clicking, then “save as”): CR: Episode 04/21/12
Where is it written that sequels have to be bigger in scope and more intricate than their predecessor? I really don’t get it. I mean we see it everywhere. Classic examples, Spiderman 3 or Transformers: Dark Side of The Moon… I mean come on… REALLY!? But what I don’t get even more, is why the costume has to also follow suit (no pun intended… OK, it was kind of intended) and get increasingly more complicated and larger in scope and more… uhhh, patch-ier?
Case in point is the most recent Christopher Nolan Batman trilogy. I recently saw the cover of Entertainment Weekly where Batman (Christian Bale) and Catwoman (who cares, its Catwoman) are featured front and center on the cover in their cosutmes from The Dark Knight Rises. I mean after all, it’s their Summer Movie Preview Issue! But what I cant get over is the over-complication of the Batsuit! I understand that this take on Batman is supposed to be grounded in reality as much as possible. And that the Batsuit is an adaptation of military clothing and armor. And that its supposed to provide functionality while still maintaining protection… but come on!!! Why do they feel the constant need to evolve the Batsuit into something way more than it needs to be!? We all remember seeing George Clooney and thinking… “Ummm, why the fuck does the Batsuit have nipples?” I understand the concept behind its look and development, but I personally feel they went a bit over the top here. I think it gets to a point where they begin to over-complicate things and it starts to distract from the character.
I am sure it wont be that bad or really noticeable at all when we see it on the big screen. I mean after all how often will you see Batman just standing still in broad day light? Usually it’s quick cut action scenes in the cover of darkness so there probably wont be time to analyze all the Kevlar patch locations. But I’ll still know they’re there. Like bedbugs in a cheap hotel – You cant see ‘em but you know they’re there… just waiting to ruin your hotel experience… the bedbugs, not Batman.
Just add water!
The Dark Knight Rises is set to open in the U.S. July 20th, 2012. And you bet we will be front and center Kevlar patches and all.
Today on the show we get our hearts pumping with mindless spy movie action! Death defying car chases! Devious super villains! Why, it’s the Cinema Recon review of Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy, of course! (0:05:05)
What happens when Indiana Jones gets waaaay super jealous of James Bond‘s adorable new charm bracelet?? Find out in our review of Cowboys & Aliens! (0:40:28)
Our very special guest Cassie joins us to make sure we don’t throw any punches below the belt during our review of Warrior! (1:05:13)
In the news… (1:50:54)
- Disney plans to make a film based on the Sleeping Beauty villain Malificient…malnourished?..Mal-Idiot!
- The American live action version of Akira halts production…much to the dismay of no one who listens to this show
- Amanda Seyfried has decided to do porn in order to pay off her gambling debts!
- Universal accepts Hangover 2‘s challenge to make the worst sequel ever and contemplates a Bridesmaids 2 without Kristen Wiig!
- Puberty has been hard on young Bane as his voice changes back and forth in the new The Dark Knight Rises trailer
- The Evil Dead remake has announced its new Bruce-ette!
- Universal insists Jeremy Renner is not Matt Damon
Download Here (by right clicking, then “save as”): CR: Episode 01/08/12
It’s a very merry Cinema Recon Holiday Special!
Today on the show, we received our mission and chose to accept it! It’s the Cinema Recon review of Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol! (07:55)
As an added bonus, we have seen (and barely understood…) the first 6 minutes of The Dark Knight Rises! (14:15)
We also block punch, break ribs, and deflect haymaker! Its elementary, dear Watson, with Cinema Recon’s review of Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows! (01:12:02)
We all know what true the meaning of the holidays is…PRESENTS!! Paul and Jake exchange gifts in the very first Cinema Recon Secret Santa! (52:10)
In the news… (01:43:00)
- New Trailers are abound in this week’s edition of Movie News!
- Jack the Giant Killer sprouts forth!
- Men in Black 3 flashes before our eyes!
- Expendables 2 unloads a bevy of gunfire!
- G.I. Joe: Retaliation is the sequel nobody asked for!
- ¡Casa de mi Padre esperamos que cuente con subtítulos!
- Rock of Ages has us singing even more than usual!
Download Here (by right clicking, then “save as”): CR: Episode 12/18/11